Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who stole my Corolla?!!!

I've seriously have had the worst week ever. Following ASSSCAT, there was construction on the one line, so I didn't make it home until almost 1am, completely blowing my 3am wake up time. Luckily, despite sleeping through my alarm, I woke up on my own in a panick at about 4am. I got dressed quickly and ran out of my apartment and down the block only to find that my car was gone. My car is a piece of shit, so I knew it wasn't stolen, and I had parked legally, so the only explanation was the thousand dollars or so in overdue parking tickets. Damn them. When I looked online I found that my car had been towed only 8 minutes before I had headed outside to find it. Anyhow, I had to find my way all over the Bronx on a wild goose chase trying to find my car and pay my tickets. This morning I finally found my car, but the evil woman at the counter wouldn't accept my debit card because it only had one of my two middle initials. Needless to say, after involving my financial institution, legal council, and the NYC Department of Investigations I finally got my car back this afternoon and am ready to finish my week off right.



Lesson to learn from this story: cars and NYC don't mix.

0 comments: