Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This Week...

On T.V.:

This week watched the Season 2 premier of My Boys on TBS. It was a lot better than I expected, prompting me to turn to iTunes and get caught up on Season 1. I thoroughly enjoyed my time watching this show. As far as 30 minute comedies go anymore, they've really done something right on this one. In other T.V. news, it looks like Academy Award winner William Hurt will be joining Glenn Close, Tate Donovan and Ted Danson for Season 2 of FXs Critically Acclaimed drama Damages. Unfortunatly, we still have a while to wait for the insanity of Damages to return, as production began just yesterday here in New York. Luckily, the first season is available on DVD and iTunes. This is a show NO ONE should miss. It's by far one of the best things I've ever seen on television.

In Movies:

I finally got to see the Incredible Hulk this week. Edward Norton did it again. This movie was outstanding. It had good depth, plenty of comic book nerd 'easter eggs' and lots of action. I can only pray Norton returns for the sequel. I also watched 10,000 B.C. on iTunes last night and was pleasently surprised. I had very low expectations for this movie, and was happy to see that they had packed in as much plot as they did. This Friday I'm aiming to see Wanted, which I am confident will hold me over until Batman arrives in theaters next month.

In Books:

I finally finished reading A Big Life in Advertising by Mary Wells Lawrence. If your interested in advertising this is a good read. Ms. Wells ads are well known, and her developement in the industry makes for an entertaining and educational story. I've also finished half of Marley and Me by John Grogan. I can honestly say that no book has ever had the effect on me that this book has. It's extremely charming and well written and by the end of chapter one you'll love Marley as though he were your own dog. There are points when I became choked up and other times when I couldn't stop laughing while reading this book. Read the short preface and if you're still not interested, then the books not for you.

0 comments: