Monday, June 23, 2008

Public Displays of Affection

For most of my TV watching years I have been a die hard fan of NBC. I think it started with shows like Mad About You. As lame as it is, I always dreamed that one day I'd be like Paul Buchman living in New York City with my dog, Murray. (If Jake hadn't already been named Jake, guess what I would've picked.) There are so many other classics to enjoy like Friends and Frasier, Scrubs, The Office, ER, 30 Rock, Law & Order, etc. But, despite these great shows NBC has had trouble in recent years. Often I've watched the amazing new programming get ripped from the airwaves without warning, as was the case with the Black Donnelly's. Well, today the GE operated network redeemed themselves by sending me a gift, an offering of peace. In a padded manilla folder crammed in my tiny mailbox I found a collection of Pins. Yes, pins. This is why I love NBC. I received 15 free pins in the mail today, all spoofing political pins, all advertising wonderful NBC shows. With slogans like "Get a clue: Vote SVU" and "Vote SNL" I'm both entertained and reminded to watch TV. Or how about "Baldwin Fay All the Way!" or the simplistic "Conan is our Man!" Even better, I'll be the coolest kid in New York once I attach these creative displays of fandom to my man purse. Awesome. Dorky, but awesome. I love you NBC! "Believe in Steve!"


This is the entire collection that arrived in my mailbox!
Photobucket

0 comments: