Friday, June 27, 2008

This Week...

In Movies:

Last night I caught the midnight showing of the new Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman action flick Wanted down in Times Square. I will admit that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The concept was interesting, and most of the special effects were pulled off well. Don't get me wrong, this movie was basically a series of "yeah right" moments tied together by some basic plot lines, but as far as action flicks go it's enjoyable. The filmmakers succeed at creating characters the audience can grow fond of. This could also be attributed to the excellent casting as well. Still I enjoyed this and would easily rate it a 6.5-7 out of 10. It's no Incredible Hulk or Iron Man, but it was a unique action flight to pass the time while waiting for the Dark Knight to arrive.

Earlier this week I had the chance to see The Spiderwick Chronicles on iTunes. I was really pleased by this movie. I was a serious fan of the book series and found myself having serious concerns over how well the movie would transition from the book. The truth is that they did a fantastic job. While I did feel that some of the intense suspense in the book didn't relay to the screen, the film was still excruciatingly suspenseful. This movie was outstanding and I can't wait to watch it again.

0 comments: