Saturday, August 4, 2007

If only they'd taken me seriously.

When I was very young I often said things that would give everyone a good laugh. My family called them "Jerryisms". They were the type of things you'd expect to come from the Olsen twins or Webster. I remember one incident that occurred when I was 3 or 4. My mom had just served me a hot dog which I thought was too hot. I asked that she put it on the stove top and turn it off so it would cool down faster. This made perfect sense to me, if the stove heated things up when it was on, why wouldn't it cool them off when it wasn't? Of course I recieved an uproar of laughter in response, and the thought was dismissed as just another Jerryism. These things are still brought up now and again, and I'm truly not sure my family will ever let me live them down. Then today I came across an article about a 'new' invention from the laboratories of Whirpool Appliances. "The only oven that thinks like a refridgerator" they call it. An, "Innovative idea from Whirlpool". It's basically my idea. Some old nerd at Whirlpool is getting rich off of an idea I had as a toddler. I think this says a lot about me. I also think there is a lesson to be learned here. Might want to try cooling that hot dog again, mom.

0 comments: