Saturday, August 4, 2007

The benefits to being lonely.

Before moving from Detroit to New York, I expressed my fears to many of my family and friends. In one way or another I said that my primary fear was going somewhere where I knew noone. Everyone had the same response. "You'll meet new friends." Isuppose I should've specified that this was actually my biggest fear. The fear that I would make new friends. The fear that it would really be that easy, to move hundreds of miles away and just make new friends. If I could make new friends that quickly, what do my friendships really mean? Am I thinking too much? Absolutely. But, thankfully that hasn't been the case. After more than two months away from Detroit, I appreciate my friends more than ever. I now realize that even if/when I make new friends here in New York, they will never replace those friendships. So, I am finally taking some time off of work to hang out. I'm opening up and making friends comfortably, without fear. Still, I wish my friends from back home could be here with me. See you guys soon.

0 comments: