Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A homesick feeling in my stomach... or maybe thats the ham sandwich I had for lunch.

I don't remember ever being in a place in my life where I long for the past. Until now. New York is amazing. I am a New Yorker now. I realize this more each time I venture out into the city.

The past few weeks have been amazing. April and Stanley and Elayne and Sylvia have all visited over the past couple weeks and we've had a ball. Visiting seedy spots like Coney Island or making friends at the Motor City Bar in SoHo was great. Broadway shows and Tigers games at Yankee Stadium all helped me to see why I miss Detroit, and what I miss about Detroit.

All the same, I'll have to head back to the Motor City Bar at some point soon. I'll buy a round of drinks for all of my friends back in Detroit. So please find a way if at all possible to stop by New York when you get a chance. I'll look forward to your visit. See ya then.

0 comments: