Saturday, June 9, 2007

Whats Happened to my Life?

It's been just one week, but it feels like 6 months already. After a few dinners in Manhattan and a few trips to the local grocery store, I'm finally settling in. I'm sure this feeling will be completed once I move from my hotel room into a real apartment somewhere. I miss my friends and family more than I can say, but am not feeling homesick for Detroit yet, thankfully. On my short visit to Detroit this past week I realized that I wasn't missing it at all, and in fact could finally see the negativity that outsiders see in Detroit when I show them around. I am eagerly awaiting the moment when I crave the city, my city, again. When things go so badly here that I would do anything to be standing in the middle of Campus Martius. All the same, I'm having a great time in NYC and am looking forward to the weeks to come.

0 comments: