Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Last Days in Detroit

You may have noticed a new photo album on my page labeled 'My Last Days in Detroit'. Some of you have already been made aware, but I thought it was about time I made the announcement official. At some point over the next few weeks I will be moving from my beloved hometown to New York City. Most likely to the Bronx. (At the request of my parents, I will also be looking at areas north of the city.)

I have recently been very lucky and was offered numerous jobs in the New York area without seeking any of them. For those of you who have known me for some time you know that I should fit right in there. I have always thought that I would end up in New York at some point, but believe in letting life take me, rather than forcing it along myself. In this case, life was beating me over the head. I am lucky enough to have been offered a manager position there with the same company I've been with for the past 9 years, and couldn't be happier about it. Despite the many rough times that my company has gone through recently, I still love it and the people who work there. I will be able to maintain my flight benefits, which will allow me to come home for visits. I will also maintain my vacation time that I have saved up for this year, which will be great for the long trips home.

I hope to get a chance to see everyone and enjoy your company one more time before my departure, so shoot me a comment or message if you have some free time to waste. Also, begin planning your summer vacations to NYC. I've worked hard to get here, so I will expect visits from you guys. Besides, it really is a pretty sweet destination, and you'll have a free place to crash, which is a pretty good deal for New York.
And yes, I will be having some kind of going away something…. I'll let you know.

0 comments: