Monday, May 21, 2007

My dog the wingman.


Jake is seriously a complete pro at meeting girls. This past week I took Jake to the local pet store, as we do every week, and I realized just how great a conversation starter he can be. I had a large bag of dog food thrown over my left shoulder and was holding Jakes leash with my right hand when two twenty something girls approached. They immediately started making sounds like they were talking to an infant, and Jakes reaction was perfect. For once, he sat down rather than jumping, and he looked up at them with the adorable puppy dog eyes he's learned to use when he's in trouble. "Can we pet him?" They asked. "Of course," I said. After a few exchanged high fives, (from the dog, not me) and a smile or two (from me) we parted ways. I'm sure I could've taken things further and learned their names and probably even gotten a number, but figured I'd save that for the streets of New York. Still, it's good to know I'll have a built in wingman when I get there.

0 comments: