Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mad Men

I've talked about it before, but I really must insist that if you haven't already, you watch AMCs critically acclaimed drama, Mad Men. The first season is available on DVD and on iTunes, so there are no excuses. Season Two begins at the end of July, so catch up now! Also, if you were thinking of ignoring my advice, I've posted the series premier, thanks to AMC, below in three chapters. Pay attention to the subtleties in the acting and writing. This is a show not to be missed.

I warn you, this show can be graphic in to the often uncomfortable realities that existed in New York in the year 1960. Sexism, racism, and adultery are only some of the themes portrayed unapologetically, without the usual 'moral of the story' ending we'd expect to see in mainstream television. This fresh and true approach to the time period is only an added reason to love this show.





0 comments: