Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"100 times better than Armageddon."

I can't wait to see Transformers. The reviewers are happy for what seems to be the first time this summer, and I hope I will share in their joy. Adding to the experience will be my first subway ride from my apartment into Manhattan to catch the flick, possibly followed by some firework watching, depending on crowds and my navigation of the subways.

I had two little old women ring my doorbell this morning. I answered the door and the first of the little old women asked, "You speak Spanish?" "No, sorry." I said. Both of the women were short and wrinkled and looked as though they had just hiked to my door from Spain. They each had a handbag that they were holding in front of them. After hearing my answer and looking disappointed, she attempted to apologize for intruding and turned to leave and walked towards the stairway. No sooner had I closed my door when I could hear their chattering getting closer rather than further. I put my ear closer to the door and suddenly had a small paper slid under the crack, stopping near my right shoe. I could hear the two old women hurrying away, chatting triumphantly. They were like little kids running away after leaving a burning bag of poop on someones porch. I picked up the paper and found that it was a Jahovas Witness pamphlet. One side in English, the other in Spanish. Nice.

More later....
It's time to head to the city.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.