Monday, May 12, 2008

Asscat

Last night, my brother Jeff and I attended a free improv show down at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. This is only the second show I've attended, but from what I understand the usual comedians involved are fresh faces, with an additional guest comedian or two. The guest will be a touring stand up comedian or SNL alumni. Last night had a plethera of guests. Leading the troupe was Amy Poehler of SNL, also a cofounder of the Upright Citizens Brigade. The 'Special Guest' was Doug Benson, who is probably most recognizable for his attempts at humor on VH1s I Love The... series. Also in attendance (in addition to the usual faces) was Jack McBrayer, better known as Kenneth the NBC Page on the best show on TV, 30 Rock. John Lutz of 30 Rock and SNL was also present. Speaking of SNL, they threw in Horatio Sans and Seth Meyers, who were both hysterical. It's been 12 hours and my face still hurts (insert joke here) from laughing so much. Anyhow, good times. If you're ever in town on a Sunday night, I highly recommend you swing by. It's a free show, so show up early to get in line.

0 comments: