Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Peter Gabriel Too"

So much is happening in NYC this holiday season. A couple of weekends ago I went for a ride on the 'Nostalgia Train', a subway from the 1930's. They've got it operating on Sundays only and only for the month of December. Anyway, I've done my share of Christmas shopping, drank plenty of warming beverages ranging from cider to whisky, and eaten a very large variety of exceptional foods. All in all, I'm really enjoying this season.

For any Vampire Weekend fans out there (which you should all be since I blogged about them often earlier this year) click this link to hear a cover of 'Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa'. In this case, the song is sung by Peter Gabriel, which is extraordinarily exciting since Peter Gabriel himself is mentioned repeatedly throughout the song (okay, maybe not that exciting, but still fun). Fun times. I'd also recommend sifting through the site a little. Alternateside.org is a new indy-rock station put out by local NPR station WFUV. Enjoy.

0 comments: