Friday, August 1, 2008

Web-Junk

I know I just posted a blog hours ago, but I couldn't wait to share all of this web-junk with you.

COMICS:
First off, this site is pretty awesome if you're into comics, and is probably fun even if your'e not. It comes from Marvel and allows you to create your own version of superhero based on pieces of existing Marvel heroes.

Also falling into both the comic and movie areas, it looks like Sony might be making a Spider-Man spinoff. Thanks to the hollywood reporter for this one. Check the story out here.

Finally, it looks as though the presidential candidates are the new thing in comics. I'm not gonna bother with this, but you can investigate further here.

MOVIES:
The new Harry Potter preview is now online. If you haven't already checked this one out, here's the link to do so. I'm actually very psyched for this movie.

Also, according to Variety, Warner Brothers is developing a Marvin the Martian feature film. I'm not sure what I think of this idea, but will gladly wait for the movie to arrive before passing judgement. See the story here.

Finally, it looks like Steven Spielberg might be slightly smarter than George Lucas after all. Yes, the latest instalment of Indiana Jones may have killed at the box office, but I'm not so sure that fans are going to buy tickets to yet another disappointment like crystal skull. All the same, that's not going to stop Mr. Lucas from trying.

MUSIC:
I am thrilled to mention that former Spacehog frontman Royston Langdon may have a new gig. Velvet Revolver has officially been auditioning him to replace Weiland as thier new lead. I think I might actually start listening to Velvet Revolver if this happens. Sweet!.

INTERNET:
Finally, a website that truly proves the internet is useful! Jellotime.com is not only fun and entertaining... well... it's not actually all that entertaining, or fun. But it might just be the best way to waste 3 seconds of your time you've ever found. I hoped it might do something different if poked enough, but unfortunately it's a pretty straight forward blob of jello, no tricks involved. I only know because I poked for much longer than I should've.

RANDOM:
I didn't even know where to put this news, so I've created a 'random' section. It would appear as though Buffy's beau Freddie Prinze Jr. has signed on with the WWE! No, he won't be fighting, as much as we'd all like to see that, he'll apparently be in some bhind the scenes role like writing or producing or whatnot. Seriously, how esparate can he be?

0 comments: